Unlike dogs, cats are excellent at grooming themselves. Cats have the ability to clean themselves without our help but. There will be also times that we should intervene and help them to get clean, and also that will reinforce the bond of communication with our sweet cat.
How often should you bathe cats? It depends on several circumstances:
- Temperature: if the weather is hot and humid, it’s best to bathe your cats once or twice a week since they are prone to heatstroke. Also, if you are living in a country where the temperature is too cold then you can do so at least once a month just to keep them free from danders and fleas.
- Mangled Fur: if you constat that their fur all mangled up then it’s time for a cat groom and bath. You have to brush them using special pet combs so it can prevent them from having mangled fur.
- Outdoor cats: they Need to be bathed more often than indoor cats. Brushing regularly your cats can reduce the hairballs and clean their coat.
- Self-Grooming: almost all cats take care of themselves well and they are those who are not that good at it. so it’s your role to clean them well.
- Health Issues: When you constat that your cat has any skin irritations or maybe has fleas and ticks all over, it’s recommended to bathe them regularly and provide. topical treatment for their health problem.
In conclusion, it’s necessary to bathe your cats and it can also be a bonding activity for both of you especially if you started them young. plus, doing that makes you a responsible owner that takes care of his cat.
So, that can make you feel happy, confident, and reduces your stress from the hard day you spent at work.